Recount; My Favorite Childhood Place

Image result for jam gadang photography   source: google    
Renew: add photos on 4/4/17
           Yuhuuu,this is my fourth post in this blog. This time I want to tell you about my favorite childhood place. Sorry for typo and blablabla. hehehe enjoy ;)
        First I want you to know that im West Sumateran. But I was born in Bandung. My parents, my grandfather and my grandmother waw born and rised in West Sumatera.
       When I was 2 years old, I went to Bukittinggi. Of course, I went to Jam Gadang " Big Clock ". I just remember from photos in my childhood album. In that photo I can feel the happiness. So I decide that Jam Gadang is my favorite childhood place.
       Jam Gadang (literally "Big Clock") is a clocktower and major landmark of the city of Bukittinggi, West SumatraIndonesia. It is located in the centre of the city, near the main market, Pasar Atas, and is a tourist attraction. This clocktower has large clocks on each side. (source Wikipedia).
          Jam Gadang is not far from my house is around 2km. If I go to market I will pass Jam Gadang. Around Jam Gadang, there were restaurant, shopping place, mall, market
and etc.
    The History Of Jam Gadang
The structure was built in 1926 during the Dutch colonial era, as a gift from the Queen to city's controleur. It was designed by architects Yazin and Sutan Gigi Ameh. This building is built without steel and used glares. Originally a rooster figure was placed on the apex, but it was changed into a Jinja-like ornament during the Japanese occupation. Following Indonesian independence, it was reshaped to its present form resembling traditional Minangkabau roofs (see Rumah Gadang).
         Every event Jam Gadang will celebrate it. Example, Eid. Every Eid Jam Gadang will in decorated. A lot of beautiful decorations around Jam Gadang. A lot of people will come to Jam Gadang. Example,me. I always play fireworks with my family. There were a stage, a street vendors, and many more. But there was a lot of accidents too. In 2007, when my family and I went to Jam Gadang. There a man whose hands are exposed to fireworks, people carried him to hospital.
       So, the core of all this post is about miss Jam Gadang. hehehehe thats all from me. Wassalamualaikum. -25/9/16

Komentar

Postingan Populer